Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How to Be a Rockstar Mom

My kids are super sweet. I like kids who like things. I don't so much care for kids who think everything is owed to them and do not get excited or grateful about anything. I think it's an abhorrent trait. My kids are abhorrent sometimes (don't we all get spoiled now and then and complain when we ought to be thankful??) but most of the time, my kids are very good and heaping praise on me for small things.

Today I was a total rockstar mom because I bought my kids food. Not even restaurant food. I got them food from the grocery store.

RJ spent the day at Lagoon with friends and I asked him about his plans for eating. He didn't have any. So I stopped at the store and bought him a big sub sandwich and chips and a drink and a goodie. He thanked me and thanked me. He said I was so cool. I thought that was pretty nice that my teenager thanks me for a simple thing like making sure he had food for the day and never did he expect me to hand him money to buy food at the park.

Later I bought pudding snack packs and mini sodas for a picnic with the other children and they were very excited also. It cost me 79 cents for 4 puddings and $1.25 for 4 mini sodas. They gobbled it up with big smiles as if I'd taken them to McDonalds. Sweet kids.

2 comments:

  1. Now... a post on how to instill this in your children, please. I always wanted children like that, but somehow, I have created a bunch of ungrateful monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it. I'll make you a list of tactics and get it posted.

    ReplyDelete