Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

I woke up at 4:30 yesterday morning and couldn't sleep any longer. So I got up and did some work.

We'd done our big shopping at Sams Club on Saturday and I had plans. I made 3 batches of chicken and cheese hot pockets (SO easy when I use the new method of making dough that doesn't need to rise first. Mix the dough and shape it immediately!) and 3 batches of egg, bacon and potato hot pockets. Got those put in the freezer for easy dinners. Yeah!

While I was cooking all morning, Ric and the kids cleaned out the garage. Then they cleaned out my van. (it was asgusting!) RJ took all the mats out and washed them with the hose and vacuumed the entire van and wiped down all the surfaces. It looks soooooo good! Yippee for good kids!

Then we all went to the park to play disk golf. Ric has been wanting to do this as a family for weeks and weeks. It was much more fun than I thought it would be. RJ says this is mostly because it wasn't sunny. He thinks that was the big selling feature for me.

Sawyer loved disk golfing. He says, "I'm going to find the bak-set. I want to play more golf-es." One time the kids yelled, "Hit the deck!" when they were about to throw and right at that time, Sawyer tripped and fell flat to the grass. The kids were sure that he'd flattened himself purposely in response to their call so they kept yelling "Hit the deck!!" every time they were about to throw.

Connor said, "I've invented a new scoring method for beginners. You take the score that you get and then you subtract one." I said, "That sounds like the old *cheating* method rather than the new scoring method." A few times after that when Connor would report his score he'd say, "Seven. But, if you're using the Beginner's Scoring Method, six." In case we couldn't do that math on that one.

Connor's disk hit Patrick in the tushie one time. Connor thought it was so funny that he later hit RJ in the tushie with one throw.

Annalyn, Sawyer and Connor found sticks to sword fight with. I'm not sure if sword fighting has a place in the Official Disk Golf Rules, but George Disk Golf Rules do allow it.

RJ's disk went over the fence into a high weeded area. RJ said, "I'm going over to Terabithia to retrieve my disk." Annalyn decided to follow him. RJ, not realizing, decided to pee while he was hidden in the trees and weeds. Annalyn was appropriately disgusted (as was I when I heard about it later.) Boys love to pee outdoors.

Here are pictures from our fun, fun day:
















[I especially wanted pictures of Patrick because he looked so cute yesterday with his hair just right -- he looked like a surfer boy! Somehow, we ended up with not one close up on Patrick. :( ]

1 comment:

  1. fun day you had! except the waking up so early part :)

    ReplyDelete