Monday, June 28, 2010

The Dream List

I've had a wish list for a long time and I've got a lot of the items on my wish list already. Today I saw a show where the main character has a Dream List. It includes things like kayaking and camping and riding a bike. Mostly things she didn't know she'd ever be able to do because of health problems.

So I thought, Should I have a Dream List? It sounds fun. I like the idea of having a list of things to check off. I don't know that I'd put ANYTHING outdoorsy on my Dream List. Outdoors is not my friend. There's always something out there waiting to sting me or bite me or burn me in some way.

Here are my preliminary ideas for my Dream List:


1. Go on vacation with JUST my immediate family to a location where we don't know anybody. (seems so tame, right? But, I haven't accomplished it to date, so, there it is.)

2. Go to law school.

3. Take my children to Hong Kong.

4. Go on a cruise with my whole family.

5. Gather a group of close friends to spend time with regularly.


That's all I've got for now. Kinda pathetic as a Dream List. I guess I already have most of the stuff that I really want from life. My kids are healthy and wonderful, my husband is gentle and good and cherishes me. I don't dream of much more than that. I'll imagine that I used to have a much longer Dream List, but I've fulfilled most of it already. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment