Monday, June 1, 2009

getting away from gardening


I realize that I am a complete inside dog. It just doesn't work for me to be outside. I don't like it and I find nature to be sneezy and sticky and smelly.


No one in the house likes doing yardwork and none of us really knows how to do it well. I can do the cleaning inside the house and keep things orderly and teach everyone and get all things organized. But I never get around to taking care of the yard.


So, I think Ric and I should just use concrete and brick in the yard and put some shade out there and have very few plants and landscaping. I think that's how we would use our yard the most.


I want to find a design of patio that I like and then contact a concrete person and get an estimate so I can start saving to get it done.


I will still have a vegetable garden on the side of the house but will use a square foot garden that's easy to care for. I just don't see a need for grass and plants and flowers and tons of stuff that needs care when none of us like that or want to care for it.

2 comments:

  1. cute blog! you should just get the back yard in that picture, that would be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Tell your husband and my husband they should build it for me! It'll build more muscle than wasting their time playing basketball. :)

    ReplyDelete