Monday, August 10, 2009

Surely Temples


I saw this picture today of what I thought was a couple standing in front of a temple. Upon closer inspection I realized, "They're not at the temple, they're at Disneyland!"

This is not unlike Connor at Lagoon last week who said, "Oh, it's the Siberian Tiger cage. There's a Siberian Tiger! I see it!" and, it was a potted plant. Silly ol' bear.

I saw something in the news today about an archiver who works for the Church of Christ (the Reformed Church) and there was a picture of their "temple". It's pretty, but doesn't follow the architecural format of our temples at all. I guess that's good since we have a bit of a hard time making clear to the public that we are not the same religion.

Last week I got to work at the dairy at Welfare Square and we got to hear about all the humanitarian aid that the Church gives world wide. The worker said, "The Church doesn't care who gets the credit for it as long as it gets to the people. That's why it's not something that everyone knows about. The whole world has heard of mormons and polygamy, but not everyone knows about the good that the Church does."

No comments:

Post a Comment