Monday, July 27, 2009

Lost

I feel a bit lost today. I think I just need a few more days to sort out my thoughts. It's been a busy few weeks; Henna returning to her mom, family reunions, broken vehicles... I feel a need to get back to "normal" but need to figure out what normal is.

It's oppressively hot lately. Not a good time for the a/c to stop working on my car. But, I'm taking it to another mechanic tonight that hopefully will have a more affordable fix for us than the $1000 to replace it that our current mechanic has quoted.

I saw an informercial for the Bullet Express which is a juicer/slicer that looks super fun to use. But, including shipping, it's $150. Hard to justify that. Even if it was a combined birthday and Christmas present. Pooh.

I also watched a marathon of "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" this weekend. Never seen it before. At first I thought it'd be nice to go through a whole pregnancy without even realizing it. Then it became clear that people going into labor without knowing they were pregnant spend a great deal of time being TERRIFIED of what it happening to them that is causing bleeding and unbearable pain. Scary. I think I'd rather know. Plus then you get all the fun of smiling for 9 months and thinking about your baby.

I think I should take my kids out to have some fun tomorrow. Maybe Lagoon or an indoor museum, like the Treehouse museum. I need something to infuse a little motivation into my days. I feel like I'm just waiting each day until it's the next day and the next day. It's an odd place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment